Rounding up slightly I have spent 10 hours this week redesigning the notification and form submission system… Actually, I seriously just thought of something else I missed.
So now that I’ve spent 10 hours on the completed notification and form submission system I’ve come to the point where I want to toss out all the old code that is taking up space in my project. I’m happy to see it go because it really cleans up the project but I don’t want to actually delete it forever so this post will serve as it’s final resting place. Well this code is being saved primarily for nostalgia’s sake I feel some programmers, especially those that are just starting out, would like to pick these apart and see the not so beautiful development process in action. For starters let me share with you a picture showing the layout of events these scripts were trying to accomplish. Early on as I developed these scripts it hit me that things were getting way out of hand so I stopped and mocked everything up to come up with a new plan of attack.
This has been a very eventful week and a very successful one as far as my programming career goes. Besides the post I put up a few days ago, Knowing when it’s time to toss code out!, I also stumbled on to a bug that turned out not to be a bug and figured I should share.
As a precursor to this article, and your going to have to take my word on this since I can’t find the original article, I’m fairly certain I was taught self revealing modules incorrectly from some programmers blog post. He seemed so knowledgeable.